Senior Backend Engineer
Work from home | Full time
We are building a unified routing intelligence and payment platform by integrating disparate & dynamic data sources like curb data, weather, traffic, tolls, parking and payments. As the world transitions into autonomous and on-demand TaaS, multi-vector routing will become the preferred paradigm. We are well placed to ride this shift in mobility.
We believe strongly in diversity, and seek to recognize, develop, and support talent from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving.
Backend Engineers at MapUp work on various projects - especially on our marquee product TollGuru.. They work with peers on teams dedicated to areas of the product. They work together with product managers, designers, and front-end engineers towards common goals.
- Generate recyclable code libraries
- Implement ongoing security systems
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
- Keep a backup library before any large changes to the server
- Attend regular meetings with the front end team to expose weaknesses and problems
Work & Academic
- 2-10 years of experience
- Familiarity with front side platforms such JAVA, HTML5 and CSS3
- Server-side experience with SaSS and LESS
- Understanding of accessibility and server compliance
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects in order to meet goals without management oversight
- Experience deploying machine learning models
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge
You will be joining a team of mapping experts who care deeply about their customers. We are transforming mapping into a practical decision-making tool for commuters, commercial transporters and mobility providers.
Following Are Some Of The Perks
We are a “work family”, a highly collaborative, supportive, skilled, thoughtful, and intellectually curious group of people who are focused on making MapUp a great place to work! Following are some of the perks:
- 5 days a week
- Fast-paced learning environment
- Task ownership oriented work culture
- Letter of recommendation
Thank you for your interest in this position at MapUp Inc. Once you fill the form, we’ll evaluate your profile and CV and get back to you if sortlisted. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your application closed. You can re-apply for the same position after at least 6 months.
For any queries, drop in a line to: firstname.lastname@example.org