Work from home | Full time
We are building a unified routing intelligence and payment platform by integrating disparate & dynamic data sources like curb data, weather, traffic, tolls, parking and payments. As the world transitions into autonomous and on-demand TaaS, multi-vector routing will become the preferred paradigm. We are well placed to ride this shift in mobility.
We believe strongly in diversity, and seek to recognize, develop, and support talent from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving.
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive engineering manager with years’ engineering experience and proven leadership skills. You are expected to work on multiple projects at the same time, build and manage diverse teams of engineers from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies, and coordinate with other managers. Your responsibilities will include researching and developing new designs and products, proposing budgets for projects, and overseeing all the activities related to various projects.
To be successful as an engineering manager, you should have exceptional foresight, great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another, and an aptitude for managing risk. Ideally, candidates will have proof of their supervisory and technical skills, and an appreciation for the complex nature of the industry.
- Supervising the work of multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
- Researching and developing designs and products.
- Proposing and managing budgets for projects.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Hiring contractors and building teams..
- Drive the roadmap and priorities of our engineering organization, leading a team of ~8-10 engineers.
- Direct the architecture and implementation of new software systems, and the evolution of our existing systems.
Work & Academic
- 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Great analytical and math skills
- Incredible problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate with many other teams
- Ability to create a set of qualifications for a new product
- Interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Letter of recommendation
- Strong experience in Python or Ruby
You will be joining a team of mapping experts who care deeply about their customers. We are transforming mapping into a practical decision-making tool for commuters, commercial transporters and mobility providers.
Following Are Some Of The Perks
We are a “work family”, a highly collaborative, supportive, skilled, thoughtful, and intellectually curious group of people who are focused on making MapUp a great place to work! Following are some of the perks:
- 5 days a week
- Fast-paced learning environment
- Task ownership oriented work culture
- Letter of recommendation
Thank you for your interest in this position at MapUp Inc. Once you fill the form, we’ll evaluate your profile and CV and get back to you if sortlisted. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your application closed. You can re-apply for the same position after at least 6 months.
For any queries, drop in a line to: firstname.lastname@example.org