Work from home | Full time
We are building a unified routing intelligence and payment platform by integrating disparate & dynamic data sources like curb data, weather, traffic, tolls, parking and payments. As the world transitions into autonomous and on-demand TaaS, multi-vector routing will become the preferred paradigm. We are well placed to ride this shift in mobility.
We believe strongly in diversity, and seek to recognize, develop, and support talent from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving.
We are looking for a passionate and analytical date geek to join our team.
You will help solve some of MapUp’s most challenging business goals, through high-profile work and inspiring thought leadership for our marquee product TollGuru. You'll get to flex your statistical and machine learning modelling skills to tackle problems and analysis for new algorithm/feature/product launches. You'll work with leadership and multi-functional partners to solve broader data science problems, create data science vision, and guide the team's direction through data-driven insights and algorithmic thinking.
- Develop creative solutions and build prototypes to business problems using algorithms based on machine learning, statistics, and optimization, and work with engineering/product to productionize those algorithms and create impact in production.
- Drive clarity and solve ambiguous, challenging business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Work closely with multi-functional leads to develop technical vision and drive the team direction.
- Propose and guide the framework of data analysis to drive business insight and facilitate decisions. Establish standard methodologies for data science including modeling, coding, analytics, and experimentation.
- Provide technical mentorship for engineers and junior data scientists within and outside your team.
- Communicate with the reporting manager and multi-functional teams.
Work & Academic
- 1-10 years of experience
- BS with 2 or more years of experience in relevant fields
- Knowledge of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, machine learning, optimization, economics, and analytics.
- Experience in experimental design and analysis, causal inference.
- Experience in algorithm development and prototyping.
- Experience in ML tooling such as Airflow, Spark, etc.
- Coding proficiency, and ability to develop statistical analysis and prototype algorithms in Python.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Spark.
- Experience with productionizing algorithms for real-time systems
- Deep understanding of Bayesian modeling
You will be joining a team of mapping experts who care deeply about their customers. We are transforming mapping into a practical decision-making tool for commuters, commercial transporters and mobility providers.
Following Are Some Of The Perks
We are a “work family”, a highly collaborative, supportive, skilled, thoughtful, and intellectually curious group of people who are focused on making MapUp a great place to work! Following are some of the perks:
- 5 days a week
- Fast-paced learning environment
- Task ownership oriented work culture
- Letter of recommendation
Thank you for your interest in this position at MapUp Inc. Once you fill the form, we’ll evaluate your profile and CV and get back to you if sortlisted. If you don’t hear from us, please consider your application closed. You can re-apply for the same position after at least 6 months.
For any queries, drop in a line to: email@example.com